Monday, November 1, 2010

I Used To Be Somebody Else

1 hour 30 minutes on the trail.

4:01 run.

Mostly sunny, nice day to work on getting some sun. With shirt off, a little chilly when walking through shade but fortunately there are some nice stretches of sun that I can stay in most of the time. Lotsa back and forth but worth it, I guess. Not that it matters if I am tanned or not. My vanity wants me to be nice and tan but there's no one to be tan for.

Anyway....

Main Music: Hawk Nelson... Is My Friend (2008)

Hawk Nelson Is My Friend (2008)

Pretty good album. The line "I used to be somebody else" really struck me. I'm not a depressed person by nature. I'm a person who enjoys life, knows how to live and have fun, someone who isn't sad all the time. This depression that I live with is caused by people who've, well, done me wrong. It has really hurt and it still hurts, every day, every hour. All I can do is try to fill my days with whatever to help me take my mind off it all.

All I want is my happiness back. What really sucks is that's beyond my grasp, it's not something I can get all by myself. Being happy isn't something I can change without help. How messed up is that? And where does it leave me? Broken...

and just wanting to die. But I hang on.

Faith keeps me hanging on.

No comments: